Since we don’t have an exact date for our wedding yet I am just going for a best guess… This week:
- Started a Wedding Binder
- Window shopped for rings
- Decided on our wedding party
- Made some priority lists
- Created fun Bridesmaid proposal gifts
So I guess in this post I will cover how I went about creating a wedding binder. I know our wedding is a long way out but when I think of the HUGE amount of planning that needs to be done it’s hard to do nothing and wait for the “appropriate time” to start planning.
I am an over planner maybe? Or at least an enthusiastic planner, and I am excited so I need to be doing something. I thought it would be good to start a physical planner… Pinterest is great for pooling ideas but it isn’t as organized as an actual journal or book. I looked to pinterest and google for advice and found some ideas and free printables… not a ton that worked for me but I stole bits and pieces from a bunch of spots and then created my own when I couldn’t find anything I liked.
A great resource for planning a wedding at disneyland is This Fairy Tale Life. That site has some planning lists and “what you need to know”‘s specifically for a DL wedding. I grabbed the checklist from there and started making a list of the tabs I would need in my binder… Took a few revisions but I think I have the set-up the way I want it. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone making a wedding binder for a Disney wedding or any other wedding.
My categories are
- Planning (schedules and calendars)
- Vibes (colors, themes, atmosphere)
- Guest List (contact info and rsvp)
- Invitations (ideas and drafts)
- Guest Experience (enhancement ideas, favors, etc)
- Venues (ideas and photos of possible venues for both ceremony and reception)
- Ceremony (schedule, decor, rehearsal info, music)
- Reception (decor, ideas, timeline, music)
- Catering (food, cake, booze)
- Clothes (for both of us)
- Wedding Party Attire
I found that for our wedding this was the best way for me to break down and organize ideas and information in a format that was easy for my to find and utilize. Here are some photos as well…